Vierbicher is a team of professional engineers, planners, community development specialists, land surveyors, and GIS specialists who provide comprehensive solutions for an array of project types in the Upper Midwest. We are dedicated to providing our clients with quality services, skilled staff and the loyalty and integrity we believe are necessary to developing successful projects. Our goal is to build relationships of trust and understanding. It is that trust that promotes cooperation, teamwork, and lasting client relationships.
Vierbicher has an opening for a Community Development Coordinator in our Madison or Reedsburg office. The Community Development Coordinator assists local communities in the development of community and infrastructure projects, secures funding sources, and provides administration of such projects. This position also assists in the development and delivery of regional planning programs by providing technical and advisory assistance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist communities and work with boards/committee members to create and develop community and infrastructure projects by securing funding from various public and private sources
- Research, compile, and draft information for grant proposals and provide necessary reporting for various grant awarding agencies
- Obtain project funding by assisting in the preparation of project proposals to local, state, and federal governments and other public entities
- Assist communities with the appropriate expenditure of funds received through grants by providing administration of such grants
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant regional, state, and federal organizations
- Promote and utilize economic development tools/programs to incent job creation and tax base growth
- Publicly present at open meetings and communicate with local press to share accomplishments
- Provide business development assistance for startup business and other local businesses looking to expand or relocate
- Cultivate relationships with existing businesses to promote growth and retention of those businesses in the communities served
- Promotes a positive image of the company by representing the company at professional meetings, workshops, seminars, and conferences and establishing and maintaining credible relations with community development, emergency services and management, and other governmental entities and professional organizations
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of local economic development and community planning concepts
- Knowledge of governmental agencies and processes related to community development, land-use, long-rang planning, urban design and building constructions
- Understanding of redevelopment, downtown development, and infill development
- Strong oral and written communication skills is required
- Ability to publicly speak at local meetings and committees
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with government officials, citizens and community organizations is required
- Ability to travel occasionally is required
- Occasional evening meetings are required
License / Certification Requirements
- Economic Development Professional Finance (EDFP) is preferred
- National Development Council (NDC) Certification is preferred
- Certified Economic Development (CEcD) Professional preferred
- American Institute of Certified Planners Certification (AICP) is preferred
Vierbicher offers competitive compensation, health insurance and paid time off, along with professional training and educational opportunities.
Vierbicher Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.