About the Opportunity
The Stormwater/Water Resources Engineer is responsible for engineering work related to stormwater projects, water, and wastewater projects. This position is also responsible for project design, research, planning, calculations, and evaluating and analyzing existing projects.
Main Responsibilities Include
- Review and/or coordinate review of plans with respect to grading; utilities including, but not limited to, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water; erosion and sediment control; site restoration, etc. for conformance with applicable standards.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, contractors, and project managers to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Design and implement stormwater management and erosion control plans that comply with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Prepare technical reports and recommendations to support permit applications and project approvals.
- Develop project scopes of work, prepare requests for proposals, and assist with contracts for stormwater infrastructure design and construction projects.
- Perform technical engineering analyses and design computations related to stormwater water treatment and conveyance infrastructure; utilize various design and analysis tools including, but not limited to, technical software programs, hydrologic and hydraulic models.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D, HydroCAD, WinSLAMM, and other civil engineering design tools.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- Five or more years of civil engineering experience is preferred.
- Experience with the design and construction of stormwater best management practices, including green infrastructure and those providing volume control is preferred.
License or Certification Requirements
- Professional Engineer License (PE) for the State of Wisconsin is required.
- This position requires sitting at a desk and working at a computer for long period of time.
- Some work may include field work.
- This position requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Hi-Visibility clothing should be worn on job sites and in the field as necessary.