About the Opportunity
The Surveying Technician supports our surveying teams by performing a variety of field, office, and mapping duties. This position also assists with drafting, mapping, and complies surveying information on coordinates, pictures, angles, and distances.
Main Responsibilities Include
- Surveys land to locate and establish reference points and stake boundary lines and survey corners; inspects, locates, and paints targets for aerial photography.
- Assists with projects including the setting up of work zone traffic safety systems for various survey projects to ensure the safety of survey personnel, equipment, and the public.
- Operates survey instruments such as GPS/GNSS and robotic total stations.
- Assists with design work, ensuring that proper mapping procedures, symbols, supplies, and equipment are used for the project.
- Conducts research including the reviewing of government documents, abstracts, deeds, and prior surveys to complete drawing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills; the ability to identify alternative solutions, consequences of proposed actions, and to implement recommendations in support of established goals
- Outstanding teamwork, interpersonal and customer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively; written and verbally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as well as in high pressure situations with frequent interruptions
- Willingness and ability to physically work in all weather conditions
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- One or more years of relevant work experience related to surveying services is preferred
- College course work in surveying or civil engineering field is preferred
License or Certification Requirements
- Valid driver’s license is required
- This position requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Be able to walk and climb over rough terrain
- Hi-Visibility clothing should be worn on job sites and in the field as necessary