02 Oct Fostering Cross Border Development: Multi-Jurisdictional TIDs
- How the participating cities will meet the requirements for creation and approval of a tax incremental district.
- How determinations will be made that relate to incurring debt, expending funds for project costs, and distributing positive tax increments.
- Who will be the lead jurisdiction for filing documents with the Dept. of Revenue.
- Procedure for resolving disputes and under what circumstances the district will be dissolved and how.
- Membership of the joint review board.
- Establishment of a district planning commission and operating procedures along with a description of responsibilities of each jurisdiction’s planning commission.
- The responsibilities of each jurisdiction’s clerk, treasurer, and assessor.
- The procedures the participating cities will follow to determine whether the district’s life may be extended and how the project plan or boundaries of the district may be amended.
- How any annexation costs will be shared among all of the participating cities if annexed territory is part of the district.