Construction of this 90-unit apartment building, which was approved by the City of Madison in 2011, required substantial coordination with City staff and Commissions. At the time of application, the site was home to the St. Francis House, a church-based student center originally constructed in 1929. To make way for the redevelopment project, a portion of the original structure was relocated within the site.
Located on University Avenue, the structure is eight stories at its tallest point and includes underground parking and a variety of unit types. The design of the building is sensitive to surrounding context and steps down in height towards University Avenue and the adjacent Luther Memorial Church, and as low as four stories in other locations.