In 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 the City of Sparta completed a number of improvements to their local street network. These improvements included new sanitary sewer, storm sewer, water main, new curb and gutter, sidewalks and street reconstruction.
The 2012 project included:
- Pearl Street (913 lineal feet)
- Oak Street, East Avenue & Tyler Street (total of 1,100 lineal feet)
The improvements at Oak, East and Tyler included a redesign of the intersection to provide for a safer intersection for both vehicles and pedestrians. The intersection of Oak Street and Chester Avenue also included design of a rigid concrete intersection to allow for a heavy truck-turning radius.
The 2013 project included:
- Austin St (1,625 lineal feet)
- Brentwood Place (350 lineal feet)
The improvements at Austin Street and Brentwood Place were to improve stormwater drainage.
The 2014 project included:
- North Street (1,375 lineal feet)
- Pine Street (1,100 lineal feet)
- Main Street (750 lineal feet)
Main Street utilities are being relocated to allow for bridge reconstruction.
The 2015 project included:
- N. Water Street (1,450 lineal feet)
- Merrill and May Streets (1,055 lineal feet)
- Lincoln and Merrywood (905 lineal feet)
- S. Water Street (1,350 lineal feet)